Website – Disclaimer, terms and conditions
By using the website of the Sydney Medical Service Co-operative Limited (the Co-operative), you agree to these terms and conditions.
Accuracy of content
The Co-operative has taken care to ensure that the information provided on the website is accurate. However, the Co-operative cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of anything contained on this website or on any linked site. You should satisfy yourself as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of such information.
The information contained on the website is of a general nature only and does not constitute medical advice. You should not rely should upon any information in this website without obtaining the specific advice of qualified health care professional.
The website is made available for your use on your acceptance and compliance with these terms and conditions.
You must not use this website or permit this website to be used:
- in any way that is unlawful, illegal, unauthorised, fraudulent, threatening, defamatory, abusive, obscene, vulgar, pornographic or harmful
- to post, communicate or transmit any material which violates or infringes the rights of any other person or party (including intellectual property rights) or infringes any law
- to impersonate or falsely represent your association with any person or organisation
- to post, communicate or transmit or use any material of any kind for commercial purposes, or which contains any promotional material or advertising
- in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website
- to post, communicate or transmit any file which contains viruses, worms, “Trojan horses” or any other harmful, contaminating or destructive features
You must not:
- interfere with the computer systems which support the website, engage in a denial-of-service attack, or attempt to disable a host, or inhibit or restrict any other user from using the website
- attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the website
- delete, circumvent or alter any author attribution, legal notices, rights management information or technological protection measures
- link to the Co-operative’s website without the express written permission of the Co-operative
Intellectual property and copyright
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this website (including copyright works, text material, software, images, graphics, databases, sound recordings, animation, downloads, uploaded files, databases, forum posts, layout design, data) (together, Content) is the intellectual property of the Co-operative. The Co-operative reserves all its rights in this respect.
You must not modify, adapt, copy, reproduce, decompile, communicate, transmit, make available, broadcast, perform, store, republish, print, commercialise, frame, upload or otherwise distribute the Content in any way except as expressly permitted by the Co-operative or as permitted by law.
Links to external websites
The Co-operative’s website may contain links to websites operated by external third parties. The Co-operative does not control those websites and does not make any representation of warranty about those websites. The links are provided for convenience and should not be interpreted as an endorsement or approval of that website, its content or any associated website, product or service.
The Co-operative accepts no liability for loss or damage arising out of or in connection to your use of those websites.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, the Co-operative excludes all rights, remedies, conditions and warranties in respect of goods services and the website arising under law, statute or custom. To the fullest extent permitted by law:
- the Co-operative makes no warranties, either express or implied:
- regarding the website or the Content
- that your access to the website or the Content shall be free from errors, defects, bugs, viruses, uninterrupted, impaired or reparable if damaged
- the Co-operative will not be liable for any damages or losses whatsoever incurred in connection or arising out of the use of the Co-operative’s website or Content, or inability to use or access the Co-operative’s website or Content, any linked website (including without limitation, indirect, incidental, special, punitive and/or consequential damages, loss of profits, loss of income, loss of use, loss of data, claims of third parties)
- the Co-operative is not liable to you or anyone else in respect of any interference or damage to your computer system, network or device which occurs in connection the use of the website (or any linked external website)
You indemnify the Co-operative against any loss, damage, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation, legal expenses on a full indemnity basis) arising from or in any way related to your breach of these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Any disputes concerning this website are to be resolved by the courts having jurisdiction in New South Wales.